Douglas County Fire District No. 2 in East Wenatchee, WA will be conducting a testing process for Resident Firefighter positions sometime this summer. At this time, we are anticipating six (6) positions that will start in fall of 2020.
We are seeking dedicated, team-oriented people who have a desire to continually learn throughout a fire service career. We are offering the following opportunities which will be extended to successful applicants:
- Residential Housing and a stipend-based Shift Schedule working with Career Staff (Shift schedule is 48 hours on-duty/ 96 hours off-duty)
- A position at the Washington State Fire Training Academy and the opportunity to complete IFSAC Firefighter I&II, HAZMAT Awareness & Operations (The next proposed academy begins August 13, 2020 and runs 12 weeks)
- National Registry/ WA State EMT Certification
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter II
- Associate of Technical Science Degree in Fire Science at Wenatchee Valley College (Tuition and books reimbursed with qualifying grades)
- ALL provided through a College and Fire Training Reimbursement Program administered through the Fire District.
Interested applicants can obtain additional information and apply online for a Resident Firefighter position by applying here or by calling (509) 884-6671.
A competitive testing process consisting of a general knowledge written exam (min. 70% to pass), physical agility test (pass/fail), and oral board interview panel will be conducted sometime this summer following the COVID-19 restrictions being lifted.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest!