A smoke detector can save a life!
A few important facts regarding smoke alarms and how important they are to have installed in your home or office:
- Three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms.
- More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
- Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years. Don't wait, check the date!
- Test your alarms at least once a month by pushing the test button.
- Every bedroom in your home needs a smoke alarm. Half of the home fire deaths happen between 11pm and 7am, when most people are asleep.
*Free while supplies last
Sign up below for our smoke detector program.